Saturday, December 8, 2012

Winter Running





Running has become one of my favorite forms of exercise this past year.  I assumed that once the weather got colder I would have to stop.  I've been trying various indoor exercises like using my Wii Fit, dancing, and running on the treadmill, but nothing is as satisfying as running outdoors.  I treated myself to a new jacket for winter running and hit the path.

I stopped by Neshaminy State Park and ran a 2 mile trail through the woods along the Delaware River.  The grey skies and bare trees seemed eerie at first, but as I went along I began to enjoy this familiar park through a different perspective.  My body warmed up quickly and I was relaxed by the still water and the silence of the park, helping me focus even more on my run.

I'm glad I braved the cold to keep running outside and I'm excited to get back into my outdoor exercise regimen. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment