Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hipster Dance Party

The key to a good workout for me is having a great playlist.  I usually stick to my tried and true compilations of classic and alt rock.  Who doesn't like to sweat to "Eye of the Tiger"?  To change things up I've been dabbling in some Spotify member created playlists all with titles like "BeSt X-rciSe Tuuuunnness!<3!", "OMFG MY favvvVeee werkOut moosic!", and the like.  At first they were fun.  But I can only wait for the beat to drop so many times.

Now let me tell you, I'm secretly a sucker for all of the music that those hip young kids are listening to these days.  Even that good ol' mainstream dubstep in moderation.  I can't help it.  But more than 15 minutes of it puts me in a psychedelic trance.  So, when I came upon a playlist entitled "Hipster Dance Party" I was hesitant but couldn't resist the temptation.  And it's utterly fabulous.  I threw it on shuffle and the variety kept me energetically running for the hour.  Find it on Spotify or take a look at some of its tracks below for inspiration to make your own workout playlist.  Happy Listening!












No comments:

Post a Comment